Knowledge Base FAQ Item #7780178
Q7780178: I get the following System Warning in my log file: "Too many outstanding graph table insert requests. Reconfigure or disable Reports and Graphs using the Reports and Graphs Configuration Tool".
This means that there are more insert requests on the Statistical Database Graph table than the ActiveXperts Network Monitor Engine service can handle. There can be various reasons for that:
- The statistical database is offline
- The statistical database cannot be connected
- The network connection to the statistical database is slow
- The performance of the statistical database is slow
- Too many statistical database requests as a result of many failed checks
Statistical Database Graph requests are queued in the following folder by default:
Requests are processed in FIFO order.
There are two ways to clear all Statistical Database Graph requests:
- Delete all GRPH*.REQ files in the above folder
- OR disable Reports and Graphs (Tools->Reports and Graphs->Reports and Graphs Configuration: Disable Graphs and Graphs) and restart the ActiveXperts Network Monitor Engine service; it will clear all Statistical Database Graph requests
The maximum queue length is defined by the following registry value:
You can change the value using the registry editor (REGEDIT.EXE). You need to restart the service for the changes to take effect.