Q7560030: I get the following System Warning in my log file: "Too many outstanding SMrequests. Reconfigure or disable SMS notifications".
This means that there are more SMTP Trap notification requests than the ActiveXperts Network Monitor Engine service can handle. There can be various reasons for that:
- The SMTP Trap agent is not functioning
- The network connection to the SMTP Trap agent is slow
- Too many notifications as a result of failed checks
SMTP Trap notification requests are queued in the following folder by default:
Requests are processed in FIFO order.
There are two ways to clear all SMTP Trap notification requests:
- Delete all SMTP*.REQ files in the above folder
- OR disable SMTP Trap notifications (Tools->Notifications Settings: Disable SMTP Trap Notifications) and restart the ActiveXperts Network Monitor Engine service; it will clear all SMTP Trap notification requests
The maximum queue length is defined by the following registry value:
You can change the value using the registry editor (REGEDIT.EXE). You need to restart the service for the changes to take effect.