Q7521030: I get the following System Warning in my log file: "Too many outstanding SMS requests. Reconfigure or disable SMS notifications".
This means that there are more SMS notification requests than the ActiveXperts Network Monitor Engine service can handle. There can be various reasons for that:
- The SMS communication channel is not functioning
- The network connection to the SMS communication channel is slow
- Too many notifications as a result of failed checks
SMS notification requests are queued in the following folder by default:
Requests are processed in FIFO order.
There are two ways to clear all SMS notification requests:
- Delete all SMS*.REQ files in the above folder
- OR disable SMS notifications (Tools->Notifications Settings: Disable SMS Notifications) and restart the ActiveXperts Network Monitor Engine service; it will clear all SMS notification requests
The maximum queue length is defined by the following registry value:
You can change the value using the registry editor (REGEDIT.EXE). You need to restart the service for the changes to take effect.