Knowledge Base FAQ Item #7500070
Q7500070: I get the following System Warning in my log file: "Too many outstanding e-mail requests. Reconfigure or disable E-mail notifications".
This means that there are more e-mail notification requests than the ActiveXperts Network Monitor Engine service can handle. There can be various reasons for that:
- The mail server is not functioning
- The network connection to the mail server is slow
- Too many notifications as a result of failed checks
E-mail notification requests are queued in the following folder by default:
Requests are processed in FIFO order.
There are two ways to clear all SMTP e-mail notification requests:
- Delete all SMTP*.REQ files in the above folder
- OR disable e-mail notifications (Tools->Notifications Settings: Disable E-mail Notifications) and restart the ActiveXperts Network Monitor Engine service; it will clear all e-mail notification requests
The maximum queue length is defined by the following registry value:
You can change the value using the registry editor (REGEDIT.EXE). You need to restart the service for the changes to take effect.