Q6500012: I want to uninstall ActiveXperts Network Monitor manually. What are the steps?
The best way to uninstall ActiveXperts Network Monitor is by using the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet from the Operating System.
However, if you want to uninstall manually for some reason, use following steps to uninstall Network Monitor manually:
- Stop the Network Monitor service by using the Services applet, or by typing NET STOP AXNMSVC from the command prompt;
- Quit the Manager application;
- Delete folder C:\Program Files\ActiveXperts\Network Monitor (or alternate directory) and all sub-directories;
- Delete folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\ActiveXperts (or alternate directory);
- Delete folder C:\ProgramData\\ActiveXperts\Network Monitor (or alternate directory). IMPORTANT: Make sure to make a backup of this folder first, as it contains the configuration file (CONFIG.SDF) and custom scripts!
- Launch the registry editor (REGEDIT.EXE);
- Open the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ key;
- Delete the 53FD4AF2-59DC-48E0-B345-CF8491D34460 key.