Knowledge Base FAQ Item #6500005
Q6500005: I want to upgrade to the latest version. What is the procedure for upgrading?
With ActiveXperts, you can always import a configuration created by a previous version. That means: all checks, global settings, statistical database and custom scripts.
To upgrade, do the following:
- Backup your current configuration. Use the 'Configuration->Backup Configuration' command from the 'File' menu to do so, and store it on a save place
- Uninstall all 'ActiveXperts Network Monitor Manager' applications on the remote PCs that have the Manager application installed. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel of the remote PC(s) to start the Uninstallation process
- Uninstall 'ActiveXperts Network Monitor' on the monitoring server using the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel of the server
- Reboot the system!
- Download the latest version of ActiveXperts Network Monitor from the ActiveXperts Download Site
- Run the installation
- After installation, 'Restore' the configuration that was saved in the first step ('Backup'). It allows you to import the configuration file (CONFIG.SDF) and the statistical database. To Restore, choose 'Configration->Restore Configuration' from the 'File' menu
- Restore custom scripts (if any). If you use custom scripts (.vbs, .ps1, .cmd or .sh), copy the files manually to the scripts directory '\Scripts'
If you install Network Monitor in the same directory as the previous Network Monitor version, the configuration is automatically converted. Otherwise, you need to import the previous configuration.
IMPORTANT: If you want to use the same Data Folder (default: 'C:\ProgramData\ActiveXperts\Network Monitor') but the Folder is in use, please see FAQ #6500006.
To (re)install the manager application on remote PC(s), you must (re)create the share in the Remote Manager tab of the 'Remote Management' dialog (Tools menu).(viewed: 9134)