Monitoring Citrix Server using ActiveXperts
ActiveXperts solution to monitor Citrix ICA Server
ActiveXperts Network Monitor can check ICA Citrix servers by establishing a connection on the remote TCP port (default port 1494) and do a handshake. By handshaking, ActiveXperts Network Monitor can verify that the remote server's ICA protocol is working well.
An ICA Server check requires the following parameters:
- Host - Hostname or IP address of the server to be monitored;
- Port - TCP port number of the ICA protocol. Default: 1494;
- Send command when connected - As soon as connection is established, send a command. By default, no command string will be sent;
- Response must include string - when connected, optionally send a command. Then wait for the response. The default response for ICA servers includes: 'ICA';
- Timeout - Number of milliseconds before the check will timeout. Usually, a connection to the server will be established within 1 second. However, some slow/busy server need more time. Recommended value is 7000 milliseconds.
ActiveXperts Network Monitor ICA check
Short for Independent Computing Architecture, ICA is a protocol designed specifically for transmitting Windows graphical display data as well as keyboard and mouse input over a network. ICA is one of two technologies used by Citrix servers, the other being WinFrame.