Monitor a system or device using TCP
ActiveXperts solution to monitor TCP based systems
ActiveXperts Network Monitor can check local- or remote servers by challenging a specific port.
It makes a connection to it, and performs a challenge/respond (by sending a sequence of bytes to it, wait for the respond and analyzing the received information).
A TCP/IP rule takes the following parameters:
- Host - Hostname or IP address of the server to be monitored;
- Port - Tcp port number of the protocol to be checked;
- Send command when connected - As soon as connection is established, send a command;
- Response must include string - When connected, optionally send a command. Then wait for a response;
- Timeout - Number of milliseconds before the check will timeout. Usually, a connection to the server will be established within 1 second. However, some slow/busy servers need more time. Recommended value is 7000 milliseconds.
ActiveXperts Network Monitor TCP check