ACTIVESOCKET 4.0 RELEASE NOTES
ActiveSocket 4.0 is the newest version of the ActiveSocket Network Communication Toolkit.
The mission of the product is to provide a collection of powerful network communication tools for a variety of Windows development platforms.
WHAT'S NEW IN ACTIVESOCKET 4.0
- There's a new SnmpMibBrowser object. It allows you to browse through a vendor-specific MIB file and list properties of the OIDs in the MIB file;
- The SnmpManager now supports alpha-numeric OIDs. Use the new 'LoadMibFile' function to load a vendor-specific MIB file;
- The SnmpTrapManager now supports alpha-numeric OIDs. Use the new 'LoadMibFile' function to load a vendor-specific MIB file;
- The SnmpObject is extended with a few new properties;
- There's a new Ssh object; it allows you to run an SSH command/script on a remote UNIX/LINUX machine and capture stderr and stdout. It features public/private key authentication;
- Many new samples.
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
- Installation -
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read our manual.
You can download the manual at www.activexperts.com/files/network-component/manual.htm
- Upgrade from ActiveSocket 2.x or 3.x versions -
Upgrade to ActiveSocket 4.0 in the following way:
- Uninstall the ActiveSocket 2.x/3.x product. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the ActiveSocket 4.0 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software web site: www.activexperts.com/download;
- Start the ActiveSocket 4.0 Installation. The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation.