HTML Form Sftp Sample Source Code
Network Component provides an easy-to-use development interface to a variety of IP protocols. By using Network Component, you can very easily create or enhance applications with network features.
Network Component features the following: DNS, FTP, HTTP, HTTPs, ICMP Ping, IP-to-Country, MSN, NTP, RSH, SCP, SFTP, SNMP v1/v2c (Get, GetNext, Set), SNMP Traps, SNMP MIB, SSH, TCP, Telnet, TFTP, UDP, Telnet, Wake-On-LAN and more.
Network Component can be well integrated into any development platform that supports ActiveX objects.
The most important functions of the SFtp object are:
- Connect - connect to the (remote) FTP server on port 22 or any alternate port;
- Disconnect - to diconnect after a connect call;
- GetCurrentDir - retrieve the current directory;
- ChangeDir - change the current directory;
- CreateDir - create a new directory;
- RenameDir - rename a directory;
- DeleteDir - delete a directory;
- FindFile - find a specific file in the current directory;
- FindFirstFile - iterate over all files in the current directory; find the first file;
- FindNextFile - iterate over all files in the current directory; find the next file;
- RenameFile - rename a file in the current directory;
- DeleteFile - delete a file in the current directory;
- GetFile - get (download) a file;
- PutFile - put (upload) a file;
Step 1: Installation of Network Component
Download Network Component from the ActiveXperts Download Site and start the installation. The installation guides you through the installation process.
When using HTML, there are two ways to install the Network Component on a client PC:
- Automatically using HTML code;
- Using the Network Component InstallShield installation.
Automatic installation using HTML code
You can install the Network Component automatically using the following HTML code on top of the HTML page:
<head> <object codebase="https://www.activexperts.com/files/network-component/3.1/AxNetwork32.cab" classid="CLSID:B52B14BA-244B-4006-86E0-2923CB69D881" ></object> </head>
The Network Component will be installated automatically. The user will be asked to confirm the installation, because the DLL is coming from an untrusted site (www.activexperts.com).
There are two ways to avoid prompting:
- Add the ActiveX/COM location to the user's trusted sites. You can manage trusted manually (by using the Internet Explorer), through a logon script (by appyling the registry change from the logon script) or by using Active Directory Group Policies;
- OR use a trusted location for the DLL. For instance your Intranet site, because most probably this site has already been added to the list of trusted sites for all users.
Manual installation using the Network Component installation procedure
On each client PC, download the Network Component from the ActiveXperts Download Site and start the installation. The installation guides you through the installation process.
var objSftp; objSftp = new ActiveXObject ( "AxNetwork.Sftp" );
Appendix: Full source code
You can download the complete sample on our FTP site ftp.activexperts-lab.com/samples/network-component/. There are many other working Network Component scripts on our site and shipped with the product.