How to use ICMP in a PHP web page
Network Component provides an easy-to-use development interface to a variety of IP protocols. By using Network Component, you can very easily create or enhance applications with network features.
Network Component features the following: DNS, FTP, HTTP, HTTPs, ICMP Ping, IP-to-Country, MSN, NTP, RSH, SCP, SFTP, SNMP v1/v2c (Get, GetNext, Set), SNMP Traps, SNMP MIB, SSH, TCP, Telnet, TFTP, UDP, Telnet, Wake-On-LAN and more.
Network Component can be well integrated into any development platform that supports ActiveX objects.
This document describes how the Network Component FtpServer object can be integrated into your projects.
The most important functions of the FtpServer object are:
- Connect - connect to the (remote) FTP server on port 21 or any alternate port;
- Disconnect - to diconnect after a connect call;
- GetCurrentDir - retrieve the current directory;
- ChangeDir - change the current directory;
- CreateDir - create a new directory;
- RenameDir - rename a directory;
- DeleteDir - delete a directory;
- FindFile - find a specific file in the current directory;
- FindFirstFile - iterate over all files in the current directory; find the first file;
- FindNextFile - iterate over all files in the current directory; find the next file;
- RenameFile - rename a file in the current directory;
- DeleteFile - delete a file in the current directory;
- GetFile - get (download) a file, either using binary transfer or ASCII transfer;
- PutFile - put (upload) a file, either using binary transfer or ASCII transfer;
Step 1: Download and install the Network Component
Download Network Component from the ActiveXperts Download Site and start the installation. The installation guides you through the installation process.
Step 2: Create a form
To connect to an ftp server using PHP we need to collect the login information from the user, then connect to the server and then view the content
First of all we need to collect some information from the user. Like the username, the password and of course the server we are going to connect to. Perhaps you'd like to change the directory or/and create a logfile at logon. You can make the form look like this.
Appendix: Full source code
You can download the complete sample on our FTP site ftp.activexperts-lab.com/samples/network-component/. There are many other working Network Component scripts on our site and shipped with the product.