Q5240200: When connecting to the SMPP server, I always get error 33201(Failed to connect to smpp provider). Why?
Please check the following:
- Is the hostname or ip address correct?
- Is theTCP portnumber correct?
- Are outbound connections on this port allowed by your firewal?
- Try to increase the SMPP command timeout value.
- Make sure you registered your IP address with the provider, some providers need to setup your ip in their firewall
- Is it possible to ping the SMPP server?
- What happens when you try telnet from the command prompt: telnet 'hostname' 'portnumber', is there any connection?
If this does not help, please contact your SMPP provider to ask if they can help debugging your connection.
You can also monitor the SMPP protocol on TCP/IP level as described in the following document.