Q8100040: I want to install the API on my own computer; this is not central SMS Server engine (the central SMS Messaging Server is installed on a server in our server room). What should I do?
Do the following:
- Share the SMS Messaging Server base directory on the central SMS Messaging Server computer, so it can be accessed by a remote API or a remote Manager;
for instance, share C:\Program Files\ActiveXperts\SMS Messaging Server as SmsMessagingShare on computer MySmsServer; make sure that you grant Read+Write permissions on this share;
- Start a new installation of SMS Messaging Server on the client computer;
- Go through all installation items and finish the installation;
- Do not create any channels on the client computer;
- Make the following registry changes on the client computer in order to point to the central SMS Messaging Server server:
- HKLMLM\Software\ActiveXperts\Sms Messaging Server\Server : \\MySmsServer
- HKLMLM\Software\ActiveXperts\Sms Messaging Server\ServerRoot : \\MySmsServer\\SmsMessagingShare
- In the Services applet of Windows on the client computer, stop the 'ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server' service and set it to 'Disabled' because it is not used any more (the Service on server MySmsServer is used);
- Relaunch the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server Manager application.
SMS Messaging Server is now configured to connect to the central SMS Messaging Server computer.