Knowledge Base FAQ Item #6500005
Q6500005: I want to upgrade to the latest version. What is the procedure for upgrading?
ActiveXperts lets you import any configuration created with an earlier version. That means: all checks, global settings, statistical database and custom scripts.
On ActiveXpets client workstations (if any):
- If you have client workstations running 'ActiveXperts Network Monitor Manager' to connect to the remote ActiveXperts monitoring server, uninstall the software using the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet on each client workstation.
On the central ActiveXperts monitoring server:
- Uninstall 'ActiveXperts Network Monitor' using the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel. NOTE: The ActiveXperts Program Data folder (default: C:\ProgramData\ActiveXperts\Network Monitor\) will be preserved so you can Restore it in Step 6.
- Reboot the server.
- Download the latest version of ActiveXperts Network Monitor from the ActiveXperts Download Site
- Run the installation; the installation will rename the previous ActiveXperts Program Data folder. Default rename will be:
- After installation is complete, you'll be prompted to Restore your previous configuration using a Wizard.
Note that if you cancel this Wizard, you can always use 'File->Configuration->Restore Configuration' at a later stage.
- Optionally, Manually Restore custom scripts (if any). If you use custom scripts (.vbs, .ps1, .cmd or .sh), copy the files manually to the scripts directory. Default script folder:
If you install Network Monitor in the same directory as the previous Network Monitor version, the configuration is automatically converted. Otherwise, you need to import the previous configuration.
IMPORTANT: If you want to use the same Data Folder (default: 'C:\ProgramData\ActiveXperts\Network Monitor') but the Folder is in use, please see FAQ #6500006.
To (re)install the manager application on remote PC(s), you must (re)create the share in the Remote Manager tab of the 'Remote Management' dialog (Tools menu).(viewed: 9537)