ACTIVEXPERTS EMAIL COMPONENT 5.0 RELEASE NOTES
Release date: December 3 2018
What has changed ActiveXperts Email Component
Installation and Upgrade
The ActiveXperts Email component allows the user to easily add any email functionality to your product.
It has full support for the SMTP, IMAP and POP3 protocol as well as full MIME encoding / decoding.
The product runs on Windows 2016/2012(R2)/2008(R2)/10/8/7/Vista/XP platforms and has native support for both 64bit and 32bit architecture. It can be used with
WHAT HAS CHANGED IN ACTIVEXPERTS EMAIL COMPONENT
- Full IMAP support was added with the following features:
- Full TLS/SSL support;
- Support for LOGIN as well as PLAIN authentication
- Full Unicode support in email as well as mailbox names;
- Full mailbox management (create, rename, delete) supported;
- Full integration into the MIME Message object for ease of retrieving full emails and email headers;
- Full support for constructing custom IMAP 'search' and 'fetch' requests and parsing the response;
- Large set of working IMAP samples for C++, C#, VB.NET, Delphi, PHP, etc..;
- The SSL/TLS layer has been replaced resulting in a performance benefit for sending large email messages;
- Manual is improved for readability.
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
- Installation -
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read our manual.
You can download the manual at www.activexperts.com/files/smtp-pop3-component/manual.htm
- Upgrade from ActiveEmail -
Upgrade to ActiveXperts Email Component in the following way:
- Uninstall the ActiveXperts Email Component. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the ActiveXperts Email Component 5.0 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software download site and start the ActiveXperts Email Component Installation.
The installation wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation.