ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 5.5 RELEASE NOTES
(Release date: October 22 2014)
What has changed in ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.5
ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.5 is the newest version of the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server product.
The mission of the product is to provide companies with a fast and reliable framework to send, receive and process SMS- and email messages.
The product runs as a service on Windows 2012(R2)/2008(R2)/2003/8/7/Vista/XP x86/x64 platforms.
WHAT HAS CHANGED IN ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 5.5
- Operating System -
ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.5 has been optimized for Windows 2012 R2 Server.
- Database -
ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.5 has been designed to take advantage of the functionality offered in MS SQL 2014.
ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server is still compatible with MS SQL 2005 and higher.
- GUI -
ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Manager didn't show the service credentials in the Service dialog. This has been fixed.
In some occasions, the License Key cannot be stored when it is entered in the Registration dialog, because the user doesn't have permissions to store on the system.
In previous versions, the license key was not saved without warning. This has been changed; there's a proper message indicating that you should run the Manager as Administrator (i.e. 'Run As Administrator').
SMPP and GSM
- Fixed a problem where multipart binary messages where split up at 139 bytes. This is now the correct 140 bytes.
- Updated text mode support for (very) old GSM modems. A broader range of text mode only GSM modems can now be used.
- Fixed a problem in UDH offset calculation which sometimes resulted in an 'Unknown eror' when sending GSM encoded multipart messages.
- Optimized for Windows 2012 (R2) and Windows 8.
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read the manual.
Upgrade from SMS Messaging Server 5.4
Upgrade from ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.4 to ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.5 in the following way:
- Backup your existing configuration file \Cfg\Configuration.mdb to a save place;
- Backup message databases \Msg\Messages.mdb and \Msg\Archive.mdb to a save place; You can skip this step if you already migrated your message databases to MS SQL Server or MySQL;
- Backup your custom projects located in \Projects\ to a save place;
- Uninstall ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.4. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.5 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software web site: www.activexperts.com/download/
- Start the Installation. The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation;
- After the installation has completed and the service is running: stop the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server Service and quit the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server Manager application;
- Restore the files that were saved in step 1), 2) and 3). Overwrite the existing files;
- Start the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server Service and start the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server Manager application.