ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 5.3 RELEASE NOTES
(Release date: January 17 2012)
What's new in ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.3
ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.3 is the newest version of the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server product.
The mission of the product is to provide companies with a fast and reliable framework to send, receive and process SMS- and e-mail messages.
The product runs as a service on Windows 2008/2003/7/Vista/XP x86/x64 platforms.
WHAT'S NEW IN ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 5.3
- Database -
- Database performance optimizations for MS SQL, MySQL and MS Access. Queries are optimized to boost the performance of the Message Database;
- Extensive tracing capabilities on all database operations, to show exactly what is happening under the hood.
- User Interface -
- Improved database migration wizards;
- Improved project creation wizards;
- Improved SMPP configuration wizards and dialogs;
- Numerous user interface and usability improvements.
- SMS -
- The SMPP protocol stack has been rewritten in order to gain maximum performance and compatibility. The new SMPP implementation was first introduced on July 6 2011 with the release of Mobile Messaging Toolkit 6.0 and it now part of SMS Messaging Server 5.3;
- Improved compatibility as well as performance for GSM modems;
- Extensive tracing capabilities on all GSM modem operations;
- Improved support for sending XML documents through HTTP;
- Many new error codes to give more detailed information in case of a problem.
- POP3 -
- POP3 mail retrieval is much faster now. In case e-mails remain on the POP3 server, those e-mails are not fecthed in a next cycle.
- Migration from previous versions -
- The Message Database API is unchanged. You should be able to use your old projects after recompiling them when necessary;
- The Message Database structure has changed. You cannot use your old Message Database, it will be recreated;
- There are upgrade scripts included to upgrade your configuration from an older version to the current version;
- SMTP - SMS Messaging Server is now compatible with virtually any secure SMTP server. In previous versions of SMS Messaging Server, some SMTP server did not work;
- Bulk Wizard - In previous versions of SMS Messaging Server, the Bulk Wizard could not handlea '+' prefix in CSV files. This has been fixed in v.5.3.