ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 5.2 RELEASE NOTES
(Release date: December 8 2010)
What's new in ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.2
ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.2 is the newest version of the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server product.
The mission of the product is to provide companies with a fast and reliable framework to send, receive and process SMS- and e-mail messages.
The product runs as a service on a Windows 2008/2003/2000/7/Vista/XP platform.
WHAT'S NEW IN ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 5.2
- User Interface -
- Improved database migration wizards;
- Improved SMPP configuration wizards and dialogs;
- Numerous user interface and usability improvements.
- SMS -
- Message priorities are now applied to SMS Messages as well as E-mail messages;
- SMS / SMPP -
- SMPP throughput has improved;
- The SMPP protocol implementation now returns more specific error messages on SMPP connection errors;
- The SMPP protocol implementation has improved handling of outgoing and incoming TLV values;
- SMPP TLV's can be set per message;
- Delivery reports can now be processed as incoming messages for SMPP channels that are connected as 'Receiver'.
- API -
- Support for setting and receiving TLV values for individual messages;
- Sample Projects -
- An SMS GPS Tracking sample has been included which uses google maps to track objects;
- The Query Temperature Demo was pointing to a non-existing device on the internet. This has been corrected in v.5.2.
- Service installation - on some Windows 7 installations, the SMS Messaging Server service failed to start after a reboot of the machine.
This has been solved in v.5.2.