ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 5.1 RELEASE NOTES
(Release date: June 30 2010)
What's new in ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.1
ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.1 is the newest version of the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server product.
The mission of the product is to provide companies with a fast and reliable framework to send, receive and process SMS- and e-mail messages.
The product runs as a service on a Windows 2008/Vista/2003/XP/2000 platform.
WHAT'S NEW IN ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 5.1
- User Interface -
- Improved performance of the Manager: messages are displayed and updated more efficient;
- It is now easier to create and manage projects;
- Improved database migration wizards;
- Numerous user interface and usability improvements.
- SMS -
- Support for SMS priorities.
- SMS / SMPP -
- SMPP throughput has improved;
- The SMPP protocol implementation now returns more specific error messages on SMPP connection errors.
- SMS / GSM -
- In v.5.1, a timeout is used for multipart messages. When parts are not received after one hour, the missing parts are marked in the received message;
- A workaround is implemented to overcome a bug in older WaveCom modems. These modems sometimes return corrupted delivery reports.
- SMS / HTTP -
- Improved HTTP Channel configuration;
- The SMPP protocol implementation now returns more specific error messages on SMPP connection errors;
- E-mail -
- Support for secure SMTP servers. In previous versions of SMS Messaging Server, only unsecure SMTP servers were supported;
- Support for free SMTP mail services, including GMail and Windows Live;
- Support for secure POP3 servers. In previous versions of SMS Messaging Server, only unsecure POP3 servers were supported;
- Support for free POP3 mail services, including GMail and Windows Live;
- POP3 message receive has improved performance. Messages are retrieved from the server much faster as a result to an improved decoding algorithm.
- Database Support -
- Improved performance for MS SQL server;
- Improved locking strategy for MS SQL server and MySQL;
- Improved database migration wizards.
- API Samples -
- Improved API samples;
- Updates PHP samples;
- Updated Delphi samples.
- Improved API documentation.
- Sample Projects -
- There are new sample projects included with the product.
- In previous versions of SMS Messaging Server, the service failed to start on reboot when depending on an MS SQL or MySQL service. This has been fixed;
- Manager sometimes crashed when dealing with a large number of messages in a view (i.e. 5000 or more);
- Insertion in the database sometimes failed as a result of database locking. Due to the improved database locking strategy this has been solved.