ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 4.1 RELEASE NOTES
(Release date: February 20 2006)
ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 4.1 is the newest version of the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server product.
The mission of the product is to provide companies with a fast and reliable framework to send, receive and process SMS- and e-mail messages.
The product runs as a service on the Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 platform.
WHAT'S NEW IN ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 4.1
- User Interface -
- Channel Wizard - the software now includes a Channel Wizard which makes configuration of SMS- and e-mail channels much easier.
The Wizard guides you through the process of configuring the most important properties, and will finally send a test message to see if the channel is actually working;
- Projects - The User Interface of Projects configuration has improved dramatically. Triggers are now associated with Projects rather than separate entities;
- Trigger definitions - It is much easier now to create define trigger conditions; from the Trigger Configuration dialog, you can now insert 'system variables' by selecting these from a list.
In the same way, you can now insert 'system constants';
- Ability to reply and forward SMS- and e-mail messages using the Manager.
- Message Database -
- In previous version of SMS Messaging Server, the Status field contained full information about the status and - in case of a failure - the reason for failure.
In the new 4.1 version, there are only three status values: 'Pending', 'Success' and 'Failure', to indicate the global status of a message.
The new StatusDetails field provides all detailed status information about the message;
- Theres a new field in the database called Header; this field holds the header of a message.
It is only used for incoming e-mail messages.
- MS SQL Server Support -
- Migration of the Message Database to MS SQL Server is much easier now; a Wizard guides you through the process of migrating to MS SQL Server;
- The actual migration is done by a set of VBScript programs; these scripts can be fully customized by the user to fulfill the user's requirements.
- Enhanced Logging -
- You can now log all Channel activities, as well as all Message Database activities and all VBScript Engine activities.
These log files may help you troubleshooting a problem.
- Manual -
- Manual pages are online now, and can be access directly from various ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server Manager dialogs.
This makes it easier to find a specific topic in the manual, directly from the application.
- SMS -
- Support for outgoing WAP Push messages and WAP Bookmark messages; it is supported by SMPP channels and GSM modem channels;
- Support for Unicode messages, to support foreign languages like Chinese and Arabic;
- Improved support for PCMCIA GSM devices;
- Support for message concatenation TLV's (message_payload and split/reassembly TLV's); this feature applies to SMPP channels only.
- E-mail -
- The header of incoming e-mail messages are now stored in the Message Database.
Previous versions of SMS Messaging Server didn't support POP3 message headers.
E-mail headers enable you to find detailed information about an e-mail, like mail server, other recipients, SPAM scores, etc.
- MS SQL Server didn't work when Windows Authentication was used. This has been fixed now.