On 1/1/2020, Auron Software B.V. acquired ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server and will continue developing, selling and supporting the product under it's own brand name Auron SMS Server.
Maintenance contracts will be continued directly by Auron Software as of 1/1/2020.
ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 4.1 RELEASE NOTES
(Release date: February 20 2006)
ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 4.1 is the newest version of the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server product.
The mission of the product is to provide companies with a fast and reliable framework to send, receive and process SMS- and e-mail messages.
The product runs as a service on the Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 platform.
WHAT'S NEW IN ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 4.1
- User Interface -
- Channel Wizard - the software now includes a Channel Wizard which makes configuration of SMS- and e-mail channels much easier.
The Wizard guides you through the process of configuring the most important properties, and will finally send a test message to see if the channel is actually working;
- Projects - The User Interface of Projects configuration has improved dramatically. Triggers are now associated with Projects rather than separate entities;
- Trigger definitions - It is much easier now to create define trigger conditions; from the Trigger Configuration dialog, you can now insert 'system variables' by selecting these from a list.
In the same way, you can now insert 'system constants';
- Ability to reply and forward SMS- and e-mail messages using the Manager.
- Message Database -
- In previous version of SMS Messaging Server, the Status field contained full information about the status and - in case of a failure - the reason for failure.
In the new 4.1 version, there are only three status values: 'Pending', 'Success' and 'Failure', to indicate the global status of a message.
The new StatusDetails field provides all detailed status information about the message;
- Theres a new field in the database called Header; this field holds the header of a message.
It is only used for incoming e-mail messages.
- MS SQL Server Support -
- Migration of the Message Database to MS SQL Server is much easier now; a Wizard guides you through the process of migrating to MS SQL Server;
- The actual migration is done by a set of VBScript programs; these scripts can be fully customized by the user to fulfill the user's requirements.
- Enhanced Logging -
- You can now log all Channel activities, as well as all Message Database activities and all VBScript Engine activities.
These log files may help you troubleshooting a problem.
- Manual -
- Manual pages are online now, and can be access directly from various ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server Manager dialogs.
This makes it easier to find a specific topic in the manual, directly from the application.
- SMS -
- Support for outgoing WAP Push messages and WAP Bookmark messages; it is supported by SMPP channels and GSM modem channels;
- Support for Unicode messages, to support foreign languages like Chinese and Arabic;
- Improved support for PCMCIA GSM devices;
- Support for message concatenation TLV's (message_payload and split/reassembly TLV's); this feature applies to SMPP channels only.
- E-mail -
- The header of incoming e-mail messages are now stored in the Message Database.
Previous versions of SMS Messaging Server didn't support POP3 message headers.
E-mail headers enable you to find detailed information about an e-mail, like mail server, other recipients, SPAM scores, etc.
- MS SQL Server didn't work when Windows Authentication was used. This has been fixed now.