ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 2016R2 RELEASE NOTES
(Release date: June 1 2017)
What has changed in ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 2016R2
ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 2016R2 is the latest version of the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server product.
The mission of the product is to provide companies with a fast and reliable framework to send, receive and process SMS- and email messages.
The product runs as a service on Windows 2016/2012(R2)/2008(R2)/2003/10/8/7/Vista/XP x86/x64 platforms.
WHAT HAS CHANGED IN ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 2016R2
- GUI -
- ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server Manager is now fully Unicode. Unicode can still be used in Email and SMS bodies and as of now also in all other fields and descriptions as well;
- ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server Manager now correctly requests elevated permissions for operation that require this;
- ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server Monitor now correctly requests elevated permissions for operation that require this;
- FIX: The activation code was sometimes not correctly stored to the registration when activating from the license key dialog. This has been fixed.
- Configuration -
- FIX: The configuration import wizard would sometimes not import all HTTP channels. This has been fixed.
- GSM -
- GSM Channels now support the IP GSM protocol. This enables connecting GSM modems through a LAN port or serial to Ethernet converters like the Digi-one;
- SMPP Gateway -
- FIX: The SMPP Gateway channel would sometimes not correctly route incoming multipart messages as multipart messages. This has been fixed.
- Compatible with Windows Server 2016 -
- ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 2016R2 meets Microsoft standards for compatibility and recommended practices with the Windows Server 2016 operating system.
- All Protocols -
- Optimized for Windows 2016 and Windows 10.
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read the manual.
Upgrade from SMS Messaging Server 2016
Upgrade from ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 2016 to ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 2016R2 in the following way:
- Backup your existing configuration file \Cfg\Configuration.mdb to a save place;
- Backup message databases \Msg\Messages.mdb and \Msg\Archive.mdb to a save place; You can skip this step if you already migrated your message databases to MS SQL Server or MySQL;
- Backup your custom projects located in \Projects\ to a save place;
- Uninstall ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 2016. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 2016R2 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software web site: www.activexperts.com/download/
- Start the Installation. The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation;
- Use the Restore Wizard from the File menu to restore your configuration, databases ans projects;