ACTIVEXPERTS SMS COMPONENT 6.5 RELEASE NOTES
Release date: September 1, 2018
What has changed in ActiveXperts SMS Component
ActiveXperts SMS Component allows you to seamlessly integrate SMS and Pager functionality in your applications or scripts.
The product runs on Windows 2016/2012(R2)/2008 R2/10/8/7 platforms and has native support for both 32bit and 64bit architecture.
This product is fully focused on SMS messaging through GSM, SMPP and HTTP.
WHAT HAS CHANGED IN ACTIVEXPERTS SMS COMPONENT 6.5
- The SMPP client now supports connecting to secured (TLS or SSL) SMPP servers.
- The SMPP server can be started in secure mode where only TLS enabled clients are allowed to connect;
- It's possible to use the SMPP server object to discover usable security certificates for hosting SMPP Server connections;
- Certificates from both the current user as well as the local machine store can be used to authenticate the server to connected clients.
- It's now possible to connect the GSM through TCP directly. This eliminates the need for virtual COM port drivers with LAN port enabled GSM devices or devices connected through a Moxa or Digi One like serial to TCP converters;
- Connecting through TCP supports a Telnet mode as well as a Raw mode;
- The Telnet mode is able to use the COM control (RFC2217) option, when supported by the device, to configure serial port settings on the device from the client;
- IPv6 as well as IPv4 connections are fully supported.
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read the manual.
Upgrade from SMS Component 6.4
Upgrade from ActiveXperts SMS Component 6.4 to ActiveXperts SMS Component 6.5 in the following way:
- Uninstall ActiveXperts SMS Component 6.4. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the ActiveXperts SMS Component 6.5 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software web site: www.activexperts.com/download/
- Start the Installation. The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation.
- Recompile any existing projects that use SMS Component.
- The Smpp 'Connect' method has a new (optional) argument to specify if the connection should be secured.
- The SmppServer 'Start' method has a new (optional) argument to specify the security certificate that should be used
- Other API extensions do not affect existing functionality and default values do not change the existing behavior.