ACTIVEXPERTS SMS COMPONENT RELEASE NOTES
Release date: October 22, 2014
What has changed in ActiveXperts SMS Component
ActiveXperts SMS Component allows you to seamlessly integrate SMS and Pager functionality in your applications or scripts.
The product runs on Windows 2012(R2)/2008(R2)/2008(R2)/2003/8/7/Vista/XP platforms and has native support for both 32bit and 64bit architecture.
This product is fully focussed on SMS messaging through GSM, SMPP and HTTP.
WHAT HAS CHANGED IN ACTIVEXPERTS SMS COMPONENT
SMPP and GSM
- Fixed a problem where multipart binary messages where split up at 139 bytes. This is now the correct 140 bytes.
- Fixed a problem where the LastError property was overwritten when using IsConnected or IsBound properties.
- Add a default timeout value for 'WaitForSmsUpdate'.
- Updated text mode support for (very) old GSM modems. A broader range of text mode only GSM modems can now be used.
- Fixed a problem in UDH offset calculation which sometimes resulted in an 'Unknown eror' when sending GSM encoded multipart messages.
- Optimized for Windows 2012 (R2) and Windows 8.
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read the manual.
Upgrade from SMS Component 6.3
Upgrade from ActiveXperts SMS Component 6.3 to ActiveXperts SMS Component 6.4 in the following way:
- Uninstall ActiveXperts SMS Component 6.3. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the ActiveXperts SMS Component 6.4 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software web site: www.activexperts.com/download/
- Start the Installation. The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation.
- Recompile any existing projects that use SMS Component.
- For GSM based applications that receive multipart SMS messages, please refer to the changes.