ACTIVEXPERTS SMS COMPONENT RELEASE NOTES
Release date: February 4, 2013
What's new in ActiveXperts SMS Component
What has changed in ActiveXperts SMS Component
With this release we are introducing a number of new features in the SMS Component with the main focus of making the SMPP Client and SMPP Server API more feature complete.
In this version it's now possible to splitup and reassemble multipart messages without the requirement of an active SMPP connection. Beeing able to control splitting and
reassembling SMS messages offline offers a lot of advantages. For instance in calculating the number of credits required before sending a message.
Additional features now offer a lot more configuration options for the SMPP server and offer the possibility to inspect the internal message queue after a disconnect event
to find more information about messages that did not get a reply from a remote server.
WHAT'S NEW IN ACTIVEXPERTS SMS COMPONENT
- Split up and reassemble SMS messages through either the Smpp or the SmppSession object
- Count the number of parts required to send any specific message
- Handle the disconnect of a session explicitly
- Find messages that have not been delivered or not been acknowledged after a disconnect
- Use GSM 7bit or character set when sending / receive messages
- Use all multipart modes (UDH, UDH with 16bit reference, SAR TLV and Payload TLV)
- Use data_sm in addition to deliver_sm to deliver. data_sm was already supported for receiving
- More fine grained control on server timeout settings
- Find messages that have not been submitted or acknowledged after a disconnect
WHAT HAS CHANGED IN ACTIVEXPERTS SMS COMPONENT
- MultipartTimeout is no longer available
- If a SIM contains an incomplete multipart message it's immediately returned and marked as incomplete
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read the manual.
Upgrade from SMS Component 6.2
Upgrade from ActiveXperts SMS Component 6.2 to ActiveXperts SMS Component 6.3 in the following way:
- Uninstall ActiveXperts SMS Component 6.2. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the ActiveXperts SMS Component 6.3 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software web site: www.activexperts.com/download/
- Start the Installation. The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation.
- Recompile any existing projects that use the SMS Component 6.2.
- For GSM based applications that receive multipart SMS messages, please refer to the changes.