ACTIVEXPERTS SMS COMPONENT RELEASE NOTES
Release date: November 27, 2012
What's new in ActiveXperts SMS Component
What has changed from Mobile Messaging Toolkit to ActiveXperts SMS Component
ActiveXperts SMS Component is the new name for a repackaged version of the SMS and Pager objects in ActiveXperts Mobile Messaging Toolkit 6.1.
This component allows you to seamlessly integrate SMS and Pager functionality in your applications or scripts.
The product runs on Windows 2012/2008 R2/2008/2003/8/7/Vista/XP platforms and has native support for both 32bit and 64bit architecture. It can be used with
This product is fully focussed on SMS messaging through GSM, SMPP and HTTP.
SMTP and POP3 have been removed from the feature list and is now only available in ActiveXperts Email Component.
WHAT'S NEW IN ACTIVEXPERTS SMS COMPONENT
- Full IPv6 support for SMPP, SMPP Server and HTTP
- Improved Unicode support. Support for Unicode filenames, logfiles, etc.
- New samples included; existing samples are improved.
- Improved SMPP-server implementation to allow developers to write an SMSC Gateway
WHAT HAS CHANGED FROM ACTIVEXPERTS MOBILE MESSAGING TOOLKIT TO ACTIVEXPERTS SMS COMPONENT
- ActiveXperts has changed its naming convention for all its objects. The name for the namespace has changed from 'AxMmCtlLib' into 'AxSms'.
The Program ID has changed from 'AxMmToolkit' into 'AxSms'. The name for the elements remain the same.
For instance, to create a Gsm object in C#, call 'new AxSms.Gsm()'. In Mobile Messaging Toolkit, you had to call 'new AxMmCtlLib.Gsm()';
To create the same object in VBScript, call 'CreateObject( "AxSms.Gsm" )'. In Mobile Messaging Toolkit, you had to call 'CreateObject( "AxMmToolkit.Gsm" )'.
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read the manual.
Upgrade from Mobile Messaging Toolkit
Upgrade from ActiveXperts Mobile Messaging Toolkit to ActiveXperts SMS Component in the following way:
- Uninstall ActiveXperts Mobile Messaging Toolkit. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the ActiveXperts SMS Component 6.2 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software web site: www.activexperts.com/download/
- Start the Installation. The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation.
- Change the namespaces and Program ID's as described above.