ACTIVEXPERTS SERIAL PORT COMPONENT RELEASE NOTES
Release date: November 27 2012
What has changed ActiveXperts Serial Port Component
Installation and Upgrade
'ActiveXperts Serial Port Component' is the new name for ActiveXperts' e-mail toolkit formerly known as 'ActiveComport Toolkit'.
It allows you to seamlessly integrate e-mail functionality in your applications or scripts.
The product runs on Windows 2012/2008 R2/2008/2003/8/7/Vista/XP platforms and has native support for both 32bit and 64bit architecture. It can be used with
WHAT HAS CHANGED IN ACTIVEXPERTS EMAIL COMPONENT
- ActiveXperts has changed its naming convention for all its objects. The name for the namespace has changed from 'ACOMPORTLib' into 'AxSerial'.
The Program ID has changed from 'ActiveXperts' into 'AxSerial'. The name for the Program Elements remain the same.
For instance, to create an Smtp object in C#, call 'new AxSerial.ComPort()'. In ActiveComport, it was 'new ACOMPORTLib.ComPort()';
To create the same object in VBScript, call 'CreateObject( "ActiveXperts.ComPort" )'. In ActiveComport, you had to call 'CreateObject( "ActiveXperts.ComPort" )'.
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
- Installation -
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read our manual.
You can download the manual at www.activexperts.com/files/serial-port-component/manual.htm
- Upgrade from ActiveComport -
Upgrade to ActiveXperts Serial Port Component in the following way:
- Uninstall the ActiveComport product. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the ActiveXperts Serial Port Component 3.2 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software download site and start the ActiveXperts Serial Port Component Installation.
The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation.
- Change the namespaces and Program ID's as described above.