ACTIVECOMPORT 3.0 RELEASE NOTES
ActiveComport 3.0 is the newest version of the ActiveComport Serial Port Toolkit.
The mission of the product is to provide an easy-to-use scripting interface for serial, asynchronous communications through a serial port. ActiveComport can control
modems, ISDN modems, USB serial devices and other devices and machines that have a serial interface.
WHAT'S NEW IN ACTIVECOMPORT 3.0
- Binary Data Transfer -
- Improved support for binary data transfer: data transmission functions ('SendBytes' and 'ReadBytes') now operate at maximum speed.
- Samples -
- New samples included, including Delphi samples.
- Logging -
- Enhanced logging capabilities. Logging can also be used for troubleshooting purposes.
- Licensing -
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
- Installation -
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read our manual.
You can download the manual at www.activexperts.com/files/serial-port-component/manual.htm
- Upgrade from ActiveComport 2.2 -
Upgrade to ActiveComport 3.0 in the following way:
- Uninstall the ActiveComport 2.2 product. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the ActiveComport 3.0 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software web site: www.activexperts.com/download;
- Start the ActiveComport 3.0 Installation. The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation.