Monitor AVG Anti-Virus status on your network computers
Monitor Anti-Virus and Internet Security suitesWith ActiveXperts Network Monitor, you can monitor most important Anti-Virus and Internet Security suites available today. Simply select 'New Monitoring Check' from the 'Monitor' menu, select the 'Anti-Virus / Internet Security' check and fill in the required parameters.
It checks the AVG Anti-Virus services and processes, and optionally checks the virus definition files to see if version and/or date of the files are OK. The check can easily be extended by the user to monitor additional aspects, e.g. log files, dll versions of the software, number of files in quarantine, etc.
Monitor AVG Anti-Virus
You can configure the AVG Anti-Virus check in the ActiveXperts Network Monitor dialog below, to see if the software is running properly.
ActiveXperts Network Monitor AVG Anti-Virus check
About AVG Anti-Virus
AVG Anti Virus is available free-of-charge to home users! AVG Anti Virus is for private, non-commercial, single home computer use only. AVG Anti Virus is compatible with all major operating systems, including Me/98/2000 and higher.
Ideally, you should prevent computer viruses from intruding into your computer. Today, the most common sources of virus infection include e-mail, virus propagation through shared disks in computer networks, and websites with potentially dangerous content. Other methods of transmission (on floppy or CD ROM disks) no longer occur as frequently as they once did, but cannot be ignored. As to prevention, the most important aspect is to protect your e-mail client! Just as important is use of the AVG Resident Shield (on-access scanner) function that scans your files in the background as you open, run and save them.
There is also the potential risk that a computer virus has been transmitted to your computer prior to AVG Anti-Virus installation, or that you have neglected to keep your AVG Anti-Virus program upto-date with the virus database updates. For this reason, AVG Anti-Virus allows you to check your computer for viruses using one of various available tests. You can use the pre-defined tests, or you can create your own user-defined tests and specify your own special settings. You can launch the tests manually or you can schedule them to run automatically.
AVG Anti-Virus features:
- A 2 year license, so you can receive free updates and full product support for a whole 2 years. It includes free 24 hour a day e-mail access to Grisoft’s professional team of technical experts.
- Free program and virus updates are provided via ultra reliable Akamai servers. AVG Professional Edition updates itself automatically whenever updates are available. Alternatively you can update manually, or configure AVG Professional to download updates at a scheduled time that suits you.
- Multiple language support in one package. No need to buy a special language version as all languages are included in the one product. A simple click of the mouse and the entire interface (including help files) will instantly change to your required language.
- AVG holds the VB100% award and is ICSA certified, so you can be assured of the highest level of antivirus protection.
- AVG Professional Edition has many more features that make it the best value antivirus protection available.
- The powerful AVG Resident Shield provides maximum protection by scanning every file opened, executed, or saved. It will also prevent the opening or executing of infected files.
- The AVG Personal E-mail Scanner checks every e-mail sent or received, providing much needed protection from e-mail borne threats. AVG supports all leading e-mail clients including MS Outlook, The bat!, Eudora and all other SMTP/POP3 based email clients such as Outlook Express. Encrypted connections using SSL are also supported.
- AVG Professional can scan attachments of instant message services (like ICQ, MSN Messenger) for viruses and other threats.
- AVG provides support for the detection of "potentially unwanted programs".
- AVG’s scanning engine uses a unique combination of heuristic analysis and generic detection methods to detect all known viruses.
- The AVG Resident Shield can include/exclude files from scanning based on individual file extensions.
- Automatically attempts to heal/remove infected files and other threats such as trojans, worms, and java applets. Removed files are quarantined in the AVG Virus Vault.
- AVG Professional has flexible password protection so you can select which settings you wish to protect from other users.
- AVG Professional now supports Microsoft Windows 64 bit platforms.