ACTIVESOCKET 4.2 RELEASE NOTES
Release date: February 25 2010
What's new in ActiveSocket 4.2
Installation and Upgrade
ActiveSocket 4.2 is the newest version of the ActiveSocket Network Communication Toolkit.
The mission of the product is to provide a collection of powerful network communication tools for a variety of Windows development platforms.
WHAT'S NEW IN ACTIVESOCKET 4.2
- There's improved support for SSH. It has improved performance, improved logging and improved error reporting.
- There is a new Scp object. Scp (Secure Copy Protocol) is a way to securely transfer files between two computers using the SSH (Secure SHell) protocol.
- There is a new SFtp object. SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) allows secure network file transfer over an insecure network, such as the Internet.
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
- Installation -
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read our manual.
You can download the manual at www.activexperts.com/files/network-component/v420/manual.htm
- Upgrade from ActiveSocket 4.1 -
Upgrade to ActiveSocket 4.2 in the following way:
- Uninstall the ActiveSocket 4.1 product. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the ActiveSocket 4.2 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software web site: www.activexperts.com/download;
- Start the ActiveSocket 4.2 Installation. The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation.