ACTIVEXPERTS SMS and MMS TOOLKIT 5.3 RELEASE NOTES
Release Date: 06/03/2010
SMS and MMS Toolkit 5.3 is the latest version of the ActiveXperts SMS and MMS Toolkit.
The mission of the product is to provide an easy to use interface to Windows developers for sending and receiving SMS- and MMS messages.
The product runs on the Windows 2008/2003/2000/7/Vista/XP operating systems, and can be used by various development tools, including Visual Basic .NET,
WHAT'S NEW IN SMS and MMS TOOLKIT 5.3
New features in ActiveXperts SMS and MMS Toolkit 5.3
- SMS and MMS Toolkit 5.3 now supports WAP 2.0 which makes sending and receiving MMS messages using the MM1 protocol more faster and reliable.
- SMS and MMS Toolkit 5.3 now has the option to set a validity period for MMS messages send using the MM1 and MM7 protocols.
- SMS and MMS Toolkit 5.3 now uses a timeout for multipart messages. When parts are not received after one hour, the missing parts are marked in the received message.
- SMS and MMS Toolkit 5.3 will return delivery reports in SMPP receiver mode, allowing users to parse the reports by themselves. This allows you to use a separate transmitter and receiver channel while keeping deliveryreports functionality.
- SMS and MMS Toolkit 5.3 contains a workaround for a bug in older WaveCom modems. These modems sometimes return corrupted delivery reports.
- SMS and MMS Toolkit 5.3 now returns more specific error messages on SMPP connection errors. Also SMPP throughput has improved.
- SMS and MMS Toolkit 5.3 now supports per message TLV fields for both send and receive in asynchronous SMPP mode.
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
- Installation -
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read our manual.
You can download the manual at http://www.activexperts.com/files/xmstoolkit/manual.htm
- Upgrade -
Upgrading from a previous version should be done in the following way:
- Uninstall the previous SMS and MMS Toolkit product. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the SMS and MMS Toolkit 5.3 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software web site: www.activexperts.com/download;
- Start the SMS and MMS Toolkit 5.3 Installation. The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation.