ActiveXperts Network Monitor build 126.96.36.19922 available
Released: December 22 2011
ActiveXperts Network Monitor build 188.8.131.5222 is now available. The build has the following improvements and fixes:
- Memory- and handle leak has been fixed that occured on Windows 2008- and Windows 2008 R2 systems. This has been fixed
- A crash of a thread could make the service crash in previous builds; for instance, a mal-functioning script, or interference with an anti-virus scanner could make a thread crash.
This caused a crash of the service. The new build introduces a new technique to intercept the crash of a thread, and it restarts the thread if necessary
- Log database migration - migration of the Log database to MS SQL disabled the Report&Graphs feature. This has been fixed
- The VBScript sample check (installed by the Quick Configuration Wizard) didn't work on 64 bit operating systems. This has been fixed
- Smtp.vbs was not working as of version 7.3 (it did work in v.7.2). This has been fixed
- On 64-bit systems, VBScript checks that make use of an ActiveXperts toolkit could not be tested from the command-line (CSCRIPT interpreter). Reason: 64-bit DLL's interface DLL's were missing. This has been fixed
- The sample Action command (Sample.cmd) was not working because of a wrong path inside the batch script. This has been fixed
- The Reporting module was not able to send out reports via e-mail due to a missing e-mail component
- The SMTP-to-POP3 (RoundRobin) check has been improved; it now reads the e-mails from last to the first instead from first to last, which makes the check must faster now
Uninstall Network Monitor v.7.3 before installing the new build
Before installing the new build of Network Monitor, you must uninstall the current ActiveXperts Network Monitor 7.3.
For more information, please see KB article Q6500005.