ACTIVESOCKET 4.3 RELEASE NOTES
Release date: June 27 2012
What's new in ActiveSocket 4.3
Installation and Upgrade
ActiveSocket 4.3 is the newest version of the ActiveSocket Network Communication Toolkit.
The mission of the product is to provide a collection of powerful network communication tools for a variety of Windows development platforms.
WHAT'S NEW IN ACTIVESOCKET 4.3
- ActiveSocket now supports IPv6.
- Snmp sometimes returned a hexadecimal stream of characters instead of a displayable string for string values. This has been fixed.
- There are new samples included; existing samples are improved.
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
- Installation -
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read our manual.
You can download the manual at www.activexperts.com/files/network-component/manual.htm
- Upgrade from ActiveSocket 4.2 -
Upgrade to ActiveSocket 4.3 in the following way:
- Uninstall the ActiveSocket 4.2 product. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the ActiveSocket 4.3 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software web site: www.activexperts.com/download/
- Start the ActiveSocket 4.3 Installation. The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation.